Thanksgiving and the Following Days


So after our night of little food, we woke up on Thanksgiving early realizing that we needed to cook a little bit more for the 45 people coming. Allison had made black bottom cupcakes (my usual creation) the day before, but she and Kelsey had altered the recipe a little bit (much to my dismay! ;-)).

Allison had to make more, because all 50 that she had made the day before were gone! So, she made about 50 new ones with the correct recipe, and Kelsey made another squash casserole. Aunt Emily brought her FAMOUS squash casserole and Aunt Monica brought a wonderful corn casserole. Mom, of course, made the turkey and the ham.

While all the cooking was going on, I kept Caden enertained. He had some much fun running all over Big Mommy's house and trying to climb the stairs. He especially liked going outside to see all the trees, and occasionally going to see the horses down the street.

Someone ended up making deviled eggs, and I spoiled my appetite eating it. Caden LOVED the green bean casserole and the corn casserole and ended up eating a lot of that. Unfortunately my camera batteries died that day, so I don't have pics. :-(

Thanksgiving was great though, and I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out with my cousins, especially playing HORSE at the end of the night.

The day after Thanksgiving, we watched a great slideshow of Grandpa and the whole Kelso family. It was very emotional for my Mom and my cousins.

Kelsey enjoyed reading to Caden "Good Night Moon" and she got a kick out of the fact that he could find the "kitty cat" in the book. He can now say "Meow" when you ask him what the kitty says too!

We had a semi-traumatic day that Friday as well. Caden fell and hit his head on the edge of a chair, and he got a very bad hemotoma. It grew and grew, and we joked that he was growing a horn! I felt bad about joking about it, but it was better than crying, right? My Dad says "Boys will be boys, and boys will fall down!" I guess its true.

The rest of the week, any time you said "head" he would grab his head. Too funny! So he has that body part down now!!!

No comments: