Liam has Arrived!!!

After being on bedrest for a month with pregnancy induced hypertension and preterm labor symptoms, my OB GYN decided to induce me at 37 weeks. Liam made his arrival on April 18, 2008 at 6:41 PM. He weighed 7 lbs 15 oz and was 19.5 inches long. Thank goodness he was 3 weeks early! My doctor said he would have been a 10 pounder if I had gone to 40 weeks!!!




I am feeling much better now that I can get up and move around. I've already made it out to stores and restaurants. I love not being cooped up in the house and lying on the couch 24/7.


Caden is adjusting to the baby. The first week was hard, because Caden really is trying to get a lot of attention. He loves the baby and always wants to see him, but then he will pinch his arm or try to poke him in the eye. We have to tell him over and over again to be gentle. This weekend he seems to be doing better with it. Rob and I have been taking him on individual outings. I took him to Target to get more diapers, which he seemed to really enjoy. Plus, we had a lot of visitors yesterday which was a nice distraction for him!
Liam is a good baby so far. He loves to EAT!!! He likes a pacifier and he has already had his first bottle of breastmilk. He drank it like a champ!!! He only wakes up every four hours at night which is wonderful for a newborn.

No comments: