A Night Without the Greene Beans

July 11, 2009
Last night, Rob and I thoroughly enjoyed a night out with friends, without the Greene Beans. Our friend G. had a surprise birthday outing for his wife K.

First, we went out to eat at The Brew Pub. There were two other couple's and K's brother there, as well, plus 2 kids. The Brew Pub brews their own beer. Rob and I are both suffering from colds this week, but we partook of a few home-brewed beers. The Blonde was nice and relaxing! For dinner, I had the sauteed crab claws, and the blackened chicken Caesar salad. It was amazing to sit in a restaurant and peacefully eat food. Usually our restaurant visits go something like this:

"Mommy, I have to go to the bathroom"

"Caden, sit down!"

"Mommy, I knocked over my drink. I need a new one! Mommy, Mommy, Mommy..."

But not last night! It was quite enjoyable, besides the stuffy nose that both Rob and I shared!

After dinner, G. surprised K. with a riverboat cruise. He had tried to get tickets for the dinner cruise, but they were completely sold out for the whole month of July. Instead, we enjoyed the patio cruise, complete with music, and they sung K. "Happy Birthday" too. Rob and I enjoyed ourselves, and the breeze on the Alabama River was fantastic.

A view of the RSA tower and the Renaissance at night.

Rob and I with the Riverboat behind us.

No comments: