September 1, 2007

This post is not about Caden, but I don't have another blog so I'm writing about my life here too. You all will just have to suffer through it! ;-)

This weekend one of my friends, Susan, was married to her fiancee Marshall. We went to the wedding on Saturday night. The wedding was in an old church in Wetumpka with beautiful ceilings and amazing stained glass windows. The ceremony went well and they combined the Methodist religion and the Jewish traditions in the ceremony which was really neat.

The reception was at the Civic Center. The food was wonderful and the chocolate cake was to die for! I had dinner with Ashley's parents while I waited for my friends to come from taking pictures with Susan.
Rob had a great time having a few gin and tonics. He liked the food as well, although he felt the roast beef guy was a little stingy. I told him to just go back for seconds.

Unfortunately, none of my pictures of Susan and Marshall came out. I will just have to wait to get those from Stacy. Mine were all too dark, and when I tried to lighten them the quality deteriorated. But, Susan's dress was gorgeus, and you could just see how much she and Marshall loved each other as they said their vows and had their first dance together.

The best thing about the wedding was seeing my friends again. It was amazing to see that everyone had a significant other with them. Stacy and Amir were together, and they had left their 8 week old son Ethan with Stacy's Dad and Step-Mom. I met Ashley's new boyfriend Mark who was very nice. I also met Andrea's boyfriend Sam, who was upset that Auburn was losing (even though they pulled it out by then end of the night!) I caught up with Allie and John as well, as they had come up from Louisiana.

It is great to celebrate with people that you love and you've known forever. It is great to see everyone getting married, having children, and establishing themselves in their lives. I hope that we all keep in touch like this for many more years to come.

Leslie--we missed you, but I had a great time talking to your parents!


No comments: