S-T-O-P

September 17, 2008

"S-T-O-P, spells Stop Mommy," Caden said while we were driving home from Big Mommy's house. "How do you spell STORE?"
"Sound it out," I said.

"Sssss, Tah, O...S-T-O..."

I had to help him with the rest. Caden can now spell stop, the and go. He recognizes the word STOP on the STOP signs, and every time we read he recognizes the word "the." We started putting the sight words on the fridge, thanks to my sister Kelsey's recommendation, and he has really taken off! It is amazing to see their little minds start to expand!
We have also started reading Chapter Books. We read one chapter a night before bed. Last week we read "Catwings," and this week we're going to read "Superfudge."

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow and wow! Caden must get his love of words from you! I adore the book Catwings. Can't believe you two are reading chapter books. It feels like yesterday that I held your tiny baby in my arms while visiting you in Maryland. Isn't Liam older now than Caden was then? It's been too long.

The Rathmell Family said...

Cool! I can't wait to get to that stage!