It's been awhile, but we're back

Last post: December. Today, June 12, 2009. What many things have happened since December?

1) January: We move into a new house. Welcome Home!

It looks pretty in the snow, doesn't it? This picture is actually from March, when we had our 2nd snowfall in 2 years here! Pretty amazing! My child may actually end up knowing what snow is, even though we live in the South!


2) March: We take a trip to New York to attend Pamela's wedding! It was amazing. We loved seeing everyone, and the kids enjoyed the trip as well. Caden thought the big buildings were amazing, but none of us were fond of the dirty subway. I was able to see my cousin Caitlin too which was great. I was also able to meet up with my good friend Katherine and her son Danny. We went to the "dinosaur" museum with them, and then spent some time playing at their apartment. It was great to see her and Danny!

3) April: Liam turns 1! The year went by so fast--bittersweet. My baby is growing up. He is still not walking, just crawling and cruises. He thinks it is funny when he lets go and stands by himself without holding on. He often claps his hands. He says "buh-buh," "ball," "car," and "Caden." He still loves cars, and he chooses to play with them over almost all other toys. He and his brother are now partaking in sibling rivalry quite frequently. Oh--the years I have to look forward to!



4) May: Caden finishes K3. Where has my baby gone? Caden is done with K3, and ready to move on up to K4. He is an amazing kid! He loves Science, animals, and swimming. He has a thirst for knowledge and loves to learn. I cherish the time we have together at night when we snuggle in his bed, and I read him a book. He is fiercely independent which sometimes frustrates his mother and father, but, I'm told eventually it will be a wonderful quality.

5) Caden starts t-ball. World of Organized Sports: BEWARE! Caden has now arrived. He is naturally left-handed, yet he wants to bat and catch right-handed. The first few practices, he stomped off the field because his glove didn't fit. It is slowly getting better. He now says he likes to go to t-ball. I think it also helps that the team is made up of kids who go to his school. He loves batting, but he doesn't quite get the concept of teamwork. He'd like to catch every ball that is hit, and no matter how many times I try to explain the concept of sportsmanship, he just doesn't get it.

That's the wrap!

No comments: