Wart Removal

If this blog is still up and running years from now, I'm sure that Caden will kill me for sharing this story. Here we go:

Some background on this: Caden has a nasty little wart underneath his nose. It has been there for about three months, and I made an appt with the dermatologist so that they could take a look at it, but they can't get us in until August.

So anyway--I went to the eye doctor today and ended up getting out early. I decided to go ahead and get Caden. I arrive at the school and his whole class is on the playground, but he is not there. I immediately was concerned.

I went up to his after school teacher Miss Kailyn. Caden is not in trouble (thank goodness!) But Caden H., one of Caden's friends, pulled Caden's wart off his face and it was bleeding a lot, so they sent him to the office, and they were in the process of calling me about it.

I get to the office, and Caden is sitting there. His face has stopped bleeding, and the wart is completely gone! He smiles and says "Hi Mommy!"

We got in the car and I asked him what happened and this is what he said:

"Caden H. and I were playing doctor on the playground. Caden was the doctor and I was the kid. Caden H. asked me if I had anything that bothered me. I told him my wart was bothering me. Caden H. said let's just pull it off. So I let him pull it off!"

I asked "Did you cry?"

Caden says "No I didn't cry, but it hurted a lot!"

The kid cracks me up. I can't believe he let Caden H. pull it off. Now I just have to put Compound W on it and hope it doesn't come back. Miss Kailyn says maybe Caden H. will be a doctor, if so I don't think Caden will be a returning patient!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

THAT is sooooo funny!!! I love kids...they will do and say anything. Hope you guys are well. Let's get together soon.
Erin Bishop