Sleep like a Baby?


Honestly--where do they come up with that phrase? Sleep like a baby...

Most babies I know don't sleep well. They either don't nap or they don't sleep through the night.

Caden has napping down great. He will take a morning nap and an afternoon nap. But most nights he wakes two to three times to nurse. I mean, come on, you're not a newborn Caden! I'm honestly at a loss for what to do. Last night he woke, and I thought I'll just let him fuss. Well an hour later he was still fussing, and he didn't stop until I nursed him.

How will I ever wean this child??? I don't know if he isn't getting enough solid food during the day. This could be the reason. He needs to eat at night because he's not getting the calories during the day. But, the kid is picky.

The two things that he will eat A LOT of, as we found out in Alabama are refried beans and rice. Refried beans, of all things, my kid likes those. Talk about dirty diapers.

Maybe I will start giving him more snacks to encourage excess calories, because honestly I'm tired of functioning on little night time sleep. I guess I could always nap with him too like I did when he was a newborn.

At this rate he'll be nursing until he is five...

Don't let the picture fool you--he probably woke up about five minutes after it was taken!

No comments: